The Multiple Timeframe Analysis Pullback for Thinkorswim (TOS) gives you the ability to overlay a higher timeframe on top of your trading timeframe for multiple timeframe analysis. E.g., you can overlay a weekly chart on top of a daily, a 10m chart on top of a 2m, a 5m on top of a 1min, etc. It also has an audible alert when a pullback pattern sets up, so you won’t miss an entry. If you want the best entries, you have to take only the best setups.
NOTE: This indicator is similar to the Pullback indicator for thinkorswim (TOS) with alert, but has a timeframe overlay for multiple timeframe analysis and uses 4 moving averages.
It considers a pattern complete when the following criteria are met (conditions listed are for a long bias. reverse the logic for a short bias):
- The fast moving average is above the slow moving average
- The slow moving average is above the “kinda slow” moving average
- The “kinda slow” moving average is above the “very slow” moving average
- There is a sequential pullback of bars that do not exceed the average range *
- The close of the first bar of the pattern is above the fast moving average
- The high of the final bar is above the fast moving average
- The low of the final bar is above the slow moving average
Options for this indicator include:
- bias: default long
- agg: default 5m
- alert sound: default Sound.NoSound
- num pullback bars: default 2
- enforce avg range rule: default yes
- sma very slow: default 100
- sma kinda slow: default 50
- sma slow: default 20
- sma fast: default 10
- show arrows: default no
- trigger bar color: default CURRENT
Download package includes scan code. Please read How to create a thinkorswim (TOS) dollar gainer scan for details on how to add a custom Thinkorswim scan.
* The average range for this parameter is defined by the sma slow option. This rule to enforce the average range may be disabled to loosen the entry criteria.
U.S. Government Required Disclaimer – Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Futures and options trading has large potential rewards, but also large potential risk. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in the futures and options markets. Don’t trade with money you can’t afford to lose. This website is neither a solicitation nor an offer to Buy/Sell futures or options. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed on this website. The past performance of any trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results
CFTC RULE 4.41 – HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY, SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.